Botox Aftercare: How to Maintain Your Skin after Getting Botox Injection?
Are you already tired of seeing the signs of aging and now you are determined to do something to turn the clock backwards? Well, given the advancement facial rejuvenation treatments have made, this is not a big deal anymore. Currently, there are thousands of people who are getting Botox to deal with the signs of aging. This is an inject able that works on wrinkles, crow’s feet, acne and blemishes remarkably, and helps you get younger looking skin easily.
Why Does Botox Need a Proper Aftercare?
If you are getting Botox in Charlotte, Cornelius, Huntersville, Mooresville, Statesville or any other parts in NC, you need to know that after getting Botox, you will need to maintain a few aftercare tips. Botox is basically a muscle relaxer which, after being injected, helps you reduce wrinkles and offer smooth-looking skin. When you are going to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Charlotte, NC for Botox, you need to ensure that you are taking good care of your skin afterward so that the effects on your skin remain for a longer period of time.
And that is why you need to know what things you need to avoid and what things you need to do when you are getting Botox done.
What are the Things that You Need to Avoid After Getting Botox Injection?
Here, you will get to see about the things that you will need to avoid right after getting Botox. If you are looking for cosmetic surgery near me in Davidson, Kenansville, Concord – North Carolina, they will tell you these things:
- Avoid alcohol. You will be asked to not drink 24 hours before the procedure. You will have to maintain the same 24 hours after it too. Alcohol increases the chances of bruising.
- Don’t touch your face for one day or more. This will include professional massage too. This is to avoid the spread of toxins.
- Avoid any type of skin treatment for 24 hours including facial, exfoliation or massage.
- Avoid sun exposure for 24-48 hours to stop flushing and increasing your blood pressure.
- Avoid tanning beds, hot tubs, hot baths and showers or sauna.
What Does Your Skin Need after Botox?
After knowing what you will have to avoid, it is time to know what you need to do. Take a look.
- Protect your skin against sun exposure. You can go outside in the sun for one or two days. But make sure that you are protecting your skin properly. Use sunscreen with the right SPF. Use a hat or umbrella so that your face is not exposed to the sun. Exposure to the sun will create more wrinkles and damage.
- Keep your face free and pores breathing for the next few days. Don’t use makeup for a couple of days. Once the injection settles, you can start using makeup.
- Typically, there is no downtime of getting Botox. You can resume your normal life right after the procedure. But it is better that you come home and start doing your facial exercise. If you do it in a couple of hours, it will help the Botox work in the targeted spots. For that, you need to squint, raise your eyebrows, grimace, and frown. Keep repeating these movements as it will help the injectable to settle and it will start showing results.
- Get back to your skincare resume. From 48 hours onwards, you can wash your face and apply lotions as it will not affect the results. Use the same cleanser and moisturizer you have always used as that will reduce the chances of reactions.
- Refrain from smoking or perhaps quit. Smoking can cause premature aging of your skin which will create more wrinkles.
So, what are you waiting for? Schedule your appointment for Botox and Juvederm specialist today.
If you have any Medical Questions or Concerns, Please talk to your Healthcare Provider. The Articles on Fivesensespa.com are underpinned by peer-reviewed research and information drawn from Medical Societies and governmental agencies. However, they are not a substitute for professional Medical Advice, Diagnosis, or Treatment.